If you have pain due to text neck, the discomfort can reduce your range of motion and lower your quality of life. At Dodd Chiropractic Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, we provide various treatments to reduce your pain and improve your overall health. Before scheduling your appointment, we invite you to keep reading to learn about some symptoms of text neck!
What is Text Neck?
Text neck occurs due to strain from looking down at a device, which can also lead to shoulder pain, arm pain, neck pain, and headaches. The text neck posture is similar to a forward head posture that is held tensely instead of extending the muscle. If you have any discomfort, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible to prevent further complications, such as herniated discs or arthritis.
Symptoms of Text Neck
If you experience text neck, you may exhibit a variety of causes. Some of these symptoms include:
- Stiffness in the shoulders
- Constant headaches
- Sharp pain in the neck, shoulder, or upper back
- Tingling or numbness in arms
- Eye pain
Treatment for Text Neck
At our practice, we utilize multiple treatments to help alleviate neck pain. When you visit us, we will speak with you about your symptoms and review your medical history. We may also need to do some imaging to have a better understanding of your condition. After, our chiropractors will create a customized treatment plan that suits your needs. Some treatments we may recommend include the following:
- Spinal Decompression: This treatment uses traction therapy to isolate and place a disc under negative pressure, which creates a vacuum effect that can reduce pain and help you heal. The treatment can be highly effective for herniated discs or bulging discs.
- Massage Therapy: Our chiropractor offers different types of massage whether deep tissue massage, myofascial massage, trigger point therapy or Swedish massage to help relieve tense muscles and text neck symptoms.
- Laser Therapy: This medical cold laser therapy can help improve blood circulation and offer neck pain relief.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you are experiencing symptoms of text neck, our team at Dodd Chiropractic Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, is happy to help. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your first appointment, contact us at (904) 388-1811 today. When you’re seeking a chiropractor near me, we look forward to assisting you!